Bryan Ghorbani
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Paint and Appliances Indianapolis

Bryan Ghorbani
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Dec 7 2016, 15:54

Hello BP Community,

I've been wanting to get into real estate buy and hold investing for cash flow since I was in college. 1 year ago today I decided I would finally do something about it (33 years old now). I spent all of this year researching deals, analyzing numbers, making offers, reading BP, and listening to the podcasts almost every day.

My wife and I have an accepted offer on a duplex in Indianapolis and are in the due diligence and inspection phase right now. If the inspection goes well and we close (within 30 days), I want to move pretty quickly on painting the interior walls and trim, as well as furnishing the appliances. I need 2 stoves, 2 refrigerators, 2 washers and 2 dryers. I was thinking of leasing coin-op machines and putting them in the garage but decided to go for more tenant convenience and charge more in rent. 

What costs am I looking at for the paint? The duplex is about 3000sqft total and I'm going with a semi-gloss Behr medium gray color ($29/gal Home Depot), classic white trim. Where can I get a reliable, professional painter? Does anyone have a great appliance vendor they would recommend?

Thanks everyone for the ongoing support. I can't wait to get my hands on this property and post an update in mid-January!

Cheers,

Bryan

Loading replies...