Votes
Yulia Kaygorodtseva
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
Guests for over 45 days

Yulia Kaygorodtseva
  • Plano, TX
Posted Dec 11 2016, 21:46

Hello, my renter just called me this morning letting me know that their friends (a couple and 2 small kids) are in a hard financial situation, so they need to move in with them (its a 3 bedroom house and currently only 2 adults there - my renter and his girlfriend) for 30-45 days till they get on their feet.

The current lease is expiring on March 1. So it does not make sense to create a new lease contract with these additional 2 people... I want to make sure that these new "occupants" are not criminals and was thinking about doing the following, please let me know your thoughts/suggestions:

1. Require BOTH of these people (husband and wife) to complete their national criminal background check its about $20-25 per person, paid by them. I need to make sure they dont have any felonies and clean... as they will be living in the house...and I dont know them at all...

2. if that checks out, I will modify the lease, but keeping only RENTER name in the lease BUT I can add both of their names and their kids under OCCUPANTS, since only renter is financially responsible for the house and its condition. Plus these 2 people and 2 kids will be there only for 30-45 days.

STANDARD RESIDENTIAL LEASE

THIS STANDARD RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENT(this“Lease”or“lease”)is entered into between

Yulia Kaygorodtseva (“Landlord”)and [male first name and a last name here] (“Tenant”, whether singly or collectively).

USE AND OCCUPANCY:

A.Occupants:The Premises may be used as a private residence only. The only persons Tenant may permit to reside on the Premises during the Term of this Lease are (include names and ages of all occupants): : ADDITIONAL ADULT 1, ADULT 2 and 2 SMALL KIDS names

3. Get ALL of the adults to sign and initial EACH page.

What do you think about this?

thank you!!

Loading replies...