• Real Estate Investor
  • ten mile, TN
Votes |
Section 8 housing.

Jim Wineinger
  • Real Estate Investor
  • ten mile, TN
Posted Oct 18 2009, 20:02

I wanted to share an article with all of you but could not do it as an article due to either my misunderstanding of how to post an article or maybe the restrictions of the extranet usage here at work. So I will share it here in the open forum where it will probably be seen by even more people.

Government wants to force all landlords to accept section 8 vouchers and or certificates. What I have found is a very, verry, verrry recent case that you might want to watch as it unfolds.

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/melrose/2009/10/ag_coakley_cracks_down_on_melr.html

In this case the landlord told the section 8 client that she/he did not want to deal with the Section 8 program and the governments response was

"We are facing critical housing needs in the Commonwealth and the strain on those needing rental or transitional housing assistance is particularly great,'' said Coakley. "Realtors, brokers, and landlords in Massachusetts should understand that discrimination against those who hold housing assistance subsidies is illegal and we will seek to hold accountable those who break the law.''

Does this case from October 15, 2009 shed some light on the wishes of some governmental officials in what they want to be law?

Loading replies...