• Investor
  • Orchard Park, NY
Votes |
Tenant Eviction possibility

Meghan Sullivan
  • Investor
  • Orchard Park, NY
Posted Feb 21 2017, 09:04
Hello all! So I've been dealing with a tenant that has not paid rent this month. Her rent was due feb 1st and I had her served with a 3 day notice this past Saturday. I just contacted this tenant and asked if she was going to be leaving the property today or if I should be filing for eviction tomorrow. She responded that she won't be out tomorrow but that this Sunday she will be and wants to meet to hand me the keys. My question is whether or not I should still file for eviction tomorrow, or possibly wait for Sunday to see if she leaves. I haven't received the rent but it's only one month's worth of rent along with late fees, possible destruction to the apartment (I haven't seen the property since I had her served with the 3 day notice, but I'm fully aware how mentally unstable she is) and process server fees. I'm willing to eat those fees and rent, but am I risking the possible destruction to the property if I don't file now? I don't have a forwarding address or security deposit at all. As a seasoned property investor, what would be your course of action? Thanks for your input! Meghan

Loading replies...