Multi-Family Properties for Sale

10 Replies

Hi there!

Can anyone suggest a great source for finding multi-family properties for sale in the Houston Texas area besides HAR? Specifically duplexes and/or quadriplexes? Is foreclosurehouston.com the best source for finding properties at a lower price? Thanks in advance for your help!

HI Alex,

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm curious, are you accepting cash only for the property you have for sale in 77477 zip area? I'll have to check it out. 

I'm new to all this, so I'm still learning. I started reading up on investing a year ago which led me to this site and to get my license. I got busy with that and have gotten back on this site ready to educate myself more and get back into it. 

In Houston, in the 2-4 family space, HAR is going to be your best bet. You might find some stuff on loopnet but it's mostly going to be people that listed it on both.

There are very few "off market" small residential properties. And when there is it doesn't mean "below market price". Simply means they're not listed.

I'd sell all my properties even though I don't have them listed. So all my stuff is an "off market deal". But I'd want a market price to sell them.

I would check our your local REI groups. Was at the North Houston REI group on Monday and an off market 4 plex was offered for sale by a member. The 4 plex is in Dickinson (S. of Houston). He asked 196k and gross rent is $2600. Message me if you would like his info. I saved the flyer.

Originally posted by @Carlos Lage :

I would check our your local REI groups. Was at the North Houston REI group on Monday and an off market 4 plex was offered for sale by a member. The 4 plex is in Dickinson (S. of Houston). He asked 196k and gross rent is $2600. Message me if you would like his info. I saved the flyer.

Can you send me the flyer?

Originally posted by @Carlos Lage :

Carlos,  I am also interested in the 4 plex. Can you send me the flier?

Anyone interested in this property may want to check to see distance from Dickinson Bayou - as you may know Dickinson was hit very hard and almost every property was flooded by anywhere from a few inches to over the rooftops.  The city has very poor drainage so the farther away from the bayou and any of its tributaries, retention ponds or open ditches would be favorable.  I have lived in Dickinson for 20 years and even though this was the worst flooding, I have seen many of these areas flood over and over again.