What Renting websites can I use?

11 Replies

@Johann Jells  Great question! I personally use a lot of the free tools my company offers. However, I cannot in any way mention the company I work for on here and wish to abide by the rules of BiggerPockets. I'm passionate about sharing free tools but want to respect the forum policies. I still wanted to help out, so I reached out to her personally instead so as to avoid any rule violations. Hope that makes sense! :) 

Originally posted by @Krystallin Baker :

@Johann Jells  Great question! I personally use a lot of the free tools my company offers. However, I cannot in any way mention the company I work for on here and wish to abide by the rules of BiggerPockets. 

I see, I think. I didn't know there was a policy here again self-promotion because it seems a good chunk of what goes on here on BP. I'm familiar with some websites that simply don't allow links to commercial enterprises, but it seems odd that I could shill your company all I want, like I recommend Cozy,  but you can't.

Back to topic, I've just use Craigslist for at least 16 years but just advertised a vacancy on Zillow as well and was surprised with the number of responses via it and its partners. However I did not like the cookie cutter text of the responses. I prefer someone actually having to type something to me, every little bit of interaction helps me determine who that person is.

Originally posted by :
 I've just use Craigslist for at least 16 years but just advertised a vacancy on Zillow as well and was surprised with the number of responses via it and its partners. However I did not like the cookie cutter text of the responses. I prefer someone actually having to type something to me, every little bit of interaction helps me determine who that person is.

The Zillow Rental Manager App has a little button prospects can click to send the canned email.  You will get tons of unqualified applicants who clicked on the more information button in response to your pretty photos but never actually read your ad.  The trick is to be prepared wth your own canned email where you restate information about your property, your qualifications, and application process.  I ask applicants to contact me a second time if they beleive they are qualifed and are still interested.  You weed out a lot of the unqualified and the unintereted this way.
Originally posted by @Bettina F. :
The Zillow Rental Manager App has a little button prospects can click to send the canned email.  You will get tons of unqualified applicants who clicked on the more information button in response to your pretty photos but never actually read your ad.  The trick is to be prepared wth your own canned email where you restate information about your property, your qualifications, and application process.  I ask applicants to contact me a second time if they beleive they are qualifed and are still interested.  You weed out a lot of the unqualified and the unintereted this way.

I wasn't even getting to "unqualified" for the most part, I had an unusual level of no response to my reply email. I upped that by replying by text, even though I hate texting. Finally did rent at my price. I know a lot of people won't rent without at least a year at job, but my small "starter 1BRs" attract a lot of young people moving to the area for work, and it would be crazy to exclude them. These are not what dynamic young people want for their second apt.