Out-of-staters signatures needed

7 Replies

I have a family interested in renting my home but they don't yet live in the area. I am about to email them my rental application but it includes a few signatures including the release of information authorization. What is the best way to collect signatures? I looked at Docusign but it seems complicated just for little old me. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Docusign is incredibly easy to use

Duh. In hindsight seems obvious. @Travis Sperr how do you handle incoming application fees? I included a google wallet request for $25 when I sent the email with the application, but I don't know... not sure its very professional since I can't really issue a receipt or anything.

scannable is a free app where they can use their phone to send you the signed docuements as a PDF.  Super easy to use.

ust like taking a picture of it and then you can email it where you want.

There are some easy free signature programs too, but scannable may be the easiest/  THey can then mail you the original if you want it, but in the meantime you have a good copy. 

@Tyler Stephens I haven't rented to someone coming from out of town - so collecting check or cash hasn't been an issue. Tons of apps out there to collect a fee (Venmo, Paypal, etc) including free or inexpensive options from banks. I would be less worried about the $25 in this situation with the amount of fraud that comes from any "out of town", but if your diligence to this point tells you they are a real and a good fit than figure it out with them.

Dontget caught up in a receipt you can send an email that says you received the money. 

I definitely recommend scannable. It's an app on your phone. Have them print, sign, and use scannable to email it back to you. 

Originally posted by @Jenifer Kynor :

I definitely recommend scannable. It's an app on your phone. Have them print, sign, and use scannable to email it back to you. 

I love this app - easier than getting up and walking to the office scanner!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here