Votes
Donald Stevens Jr.
  • Avon, MS
Votes |
Help! Sketchy tenants

Donald Stevens Jr.
  • Avon, MS
Posted Oct 19 2017, 11:00

I'm dealing with a nightmare tenant! This tenant has been late with rent for the past several months (even later than my five day grace period). Rent was due on the 10th of this month and of course it was late. The following Sunday, which was the last day of the five day grace period, I got a text message asking me what the deal was with the mold in her closet. I called and drove over immediately to see what was going on and found two small places of mold in a closet that backed against the master bath. After investigating I found the moisture was coming from a HOLE in the tub ! Upon further investigation I found water underneath the tile in the neighboring bedroom. She claims she knew the hole was there but didn't think anything of it. I pulled all of the tile immediately and will soon have to replace the tub as well. I cleared the mold immediately. I'm scared to know what type of damage I will find on the floor beneath the tub. In the meantime what do I do about this tenant and unique situation? The rent still hasn't been paid 

Loading replies...