I may be sent out to Virginia for a temporary work relocation, which means I'll need to have my duplex in Provo managed. Does anyone know of some good, trustworthy property managers in the Provo, UT area? Also, what's the general going rate for managers, and what is included? Thanks for any information you can give!
Go to www.narpm.org and search their directory.
If you make a mistake and hire a bad Property Manager, it can ruin you for life. Learn the difference between a good PM and a bad one, try to interview at least three, and then make an educated decision. Remember: the PM with the highest fees may be the one that makes you the most money.
Things to do:
1. Review their management agreement. Ensure there are no hidden fees!
2. Calculate the total cost for a year. Some will charge a percentage of rent and nothing else. Some will charge a percentage each month but also a start-up fee, a leasing fee or lease renewal fee each year, administrative fees, maintenance fees, etc. Every fee should be fully disclosed!
3. Review their lease agreement and addendums.
4. Interview them about how they handle maintenance, late rent, unpaid rent, lease violations, evictions, etc.
5. Ask to speak to some of their current owners and tenants.
6. Google them and see what kind of reviews they have.
I use this company for a rental I have and have been very satisfied with them.
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.