Lawn services frequency

8 Replies

Hi,

I recently bought a rental property (C class duplex) in Florida, and the property manager told me we have to cut the lawn weekly during summer and twice a month during winter, because grass grow fast in Florida.

That sounds excessive, is it common?

Can't tell you anything about Florida, but even here in drought-prone Kansas, we usually have to mow every two weeks in the summer. And that certainly doesn't keep things looking golf-course spiffy, just sorta one length. So maybe they're telling you the truth. Call around to some lawn-care places & see what package deals they offer - that may shed some light on the usual mowing frequency for your area. 

All depends on how much rain you get.

Being that it's a C class property I think 4 times a month is excessive regardless of how fast the grass grows.

At least 3x a month in SW FL during the summer, and maybe once a month in Dec, Jan, and Feb.

John Thedford, Real Estate Agent in FL (#BK3098153)
239-200-5600

You dont save any money by decreasing the frequency of the cuttings , If the grass is twice as tall as normal the landscape company charges you twice as much . 

Been here in Miami for 40 years. 

Every other week from May to November. Every three weeks during the rest of the year and youll be fine. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.