Negligent Property Manager + Tenant Grow House Ops

4 Replies

would be the best recourse of action against a property manager who did not properly document damages to our home in Florida after a renter moved out who was using our home as a grow house and was later arrested.?  Our house was completely restored to new condition and thoroughly documented prior to the tenants moving in and now half of it is destroyed.  We are at a loss.  Thank you!

Originally posted by @Michelle H. :

would be the best recourse of action against a property manager who did not properly document damages to our home in Florida after a renter moved out who was using our home as a grow house and was later arrested.?  Our house was completely restored to new condition and thoroughly documented prior to the tenants moving in and now half of it is destroyed.  We are at a loss.  Thank you!

Make a claim against their insurance or make repairs yourself and take em to small courts.

Originally posted by @Michelle H. :

When you say the property manager didn't properly document it what do you mean? The home is still destroyed correct? If it is take photos. Sounds like you have an issue with your tenant (whether or not taking them to court is worth it is an entirely different topic) I am not seeing what you would be able to "go after" the manager for??? What am I missing?

Michelle,
I’m confused too? Did they not do a move out on the property taking photos, and or video after the tenants vacated? Did they call the police or did the police raid the house?
As a PM for over 20+years, I have only had this happen to me one time. The tenants paid on time, never complained etc... they got busted four months in before we even had a chance to do our six month inspection.
I know this is a hard pill to swallow, but most times it’s not the PM’s fault. These types of people are sneaky and know how to get around the system. These types of people will typically choose homes that are not in an HOA, somewhat remote or not very busy.