Firearms Lease Clause Example

6 Replies

Hoping to get help with finding a good, solid firearms clause to a lease. Have a tenant that’s about to begin a lease who has two handguns (works in law enforcement). Without starting from scratch, I’d love to see if anyone has an existing clause to a lease listing certain conditions that shall be adhered to by the tenant. Examples of what I’ve been finding seem to include requiring firearms liability insurance, not having firearms in property common areas, etc. Thank you for the help! Adam

Personally I would be glad to have him on the premises, ask him to secure the unused one in a safe and keep an eye on things for me  

What's your goal?  What are you trying to prevent?

I'm right with you. I hope someone can help you with this request bc I'd love to see it. you mentioned common area. do you rent by the room?
Originally posted by @Adam Warchal :
Hoping to get help with finding a good, solid firearms clause to a lease. Have a tenant that’s about to begin a lease who has two handguns (works in law enforcement). Without starting from scratch, I’d love to see if anyone has an existing clause to a lease listing certain conditions that shall be adhered to by the tenant. Examples of what I’ve been finding seem to include requiring firearms liability insurance, not having firearms in property common areas, etc.

Thank you for the help! Adam

How's the tenants supposed to take the gun to & from work if he can't go through the common areas with it?

@Adam Warchal  When did you find out about the guns?  Before or after you agreed to lease him the property?

What's your issue with a law-abiding, law enforcement person having a couple of guns?  My concern would be that he only owns only 2 guns.  What kind of law enforcement person only owns 2 guns? 

Find a disturbance or improper use clause.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here