Votes
Matthew Fitzgerald
  • Acton, CA
Votes |
Problem Property manager

Matthew Fitzgerald
  • Acton, CA
Posted Feb 21 2018, 21:33
We have a 21 unit property that we closed on in October 2017. We are long distance property owners. I interviewed ten different property managers. We picked the current one we have today. Of course they had a very articulate individual on the sales end who was able to sell me on their business model. After being with this company for four months I’m feeling like they aren’t doing a good job. There are multiple issues I have with them from the way they send out monthly statements, turn around time on emails can be 1-2 days later, and turn around time on work and filling vacancies are not as they advertised. I’m trying to see if my inexperience is causing me to lack confidence or do they suck as bad as my gut is telling me. I did send an email to the manager informing them of my dissatisfaction and they followed up and had taken care of a few issues that were lingering. Ultimately we still haven’t filled the vacancies and are still having issues with a sec 8 accounting ( which they claim is not their fault and I have spoken with others verifying that the sec 8 is difficult to work with and very unorganized) At what point do I cut my losses and move on to a new PM. Thanks for your input.

Loading replies...