Votes
Enyi Ajoku
  • Rochester, NY
Votes |
New Tenants have unauthorized Pets

Enyi Ajoku
  • Rochester, NY
Posted Mar 6 2018, 06:43

I just recently renter my apartment to a lady (25) and fiancee (21) less than 2 weeks ago. In her signed rental application form she stated she didn't own a pet. on the rental application form states that your lease can be terminated if one falsifies any information.

Below is a section of my lease agreement regarding pet:

9. PETS:

There shall be no pets allowed on the rented premises. If it is discovered that pets are habited in the premises without informing the Landlord a $35.00 fee for dogs, $25.00 fee for cats and $25.00 fee for other pets per month will be assessed retroactive to the date commencing the Rental Agreement.

10. RIGHT OF TERMINATION AND RE-ENTRY:

In the event of any breach of payment of rent or any other allowed charge, or other breach to this lease, Landlord shall have full right to terminate this Lease in accordance with state law and re-enter and re-claim possession of the leased premises, in addition to such other remedies available to Landlord arising from said breach.

I already reached out to her and told her she needs to get the pets out of the property of which she replied that it was for a friend who was out of town for the weekend and the pet will be gone today.

What can i do if i find out there are still pets in the property.   

Thank You

Loading replies...