• Property Manager
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Trouble and greedy tenant

Liz C.
  • Property Manager
  • New York, NY
Posted Mar 26 2018, 22:04
Hi all, The lease between my tenant and I ends on March 31 st, I wanted to raise $20, he disagree because his say apartment has a lot issues, I say fine keep same rent rate for one year, he say he did not want to sign one year lease but want month to month because he want to move out. I told him I have to do one year lease but if he want to move out he can do a lease transfer. Prepare the contract he say he only want to give me 30 days notice to move out Doesnt not want to wait for me to find new tenant to take over the lease. I say fine let me change the contract. Change to He can back out with 30 days notice. Now he doesn’t want to e-sign he want to meet face to face to sign. I can’t I am going to a trip. I told him either we do a e-sign or we just end lease I will give him 60 day notice to move out. He say he will e-sign ( short story , more things on the document template he can’t sign his wife doesn’t know how to sign) I finally had enough told him, I am doing the best I can as landloard I do not want to continue with this anymore i will send him a 60 days notice so he can find his new place, he told me then how dare you Speack to me like I am homeless you can’t do that to me. I hang up the phone do not wish continue the conversation. What should I do at this point? Let him be month to month term without renewing the lease, and if he doesn’t move out in 90 days I will just send a rent increase notice of extra $50. And every 6 month raise $50 until he moves out? Find a good property management company and let them deal with the tenant. I had enough with those greedy tenant. I keep backing up and try to be nice but that’s just too much.

Loading replies...