• Basking Ridge, NJ
Votes |
Zillow & Apartments.com Declining Listings

Joseph DiNardi-Mack
  • Investor
  • Basking Ridge, NJ
Posted Apr 28 2018, 10:20

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else experienced difficulty listing an apartment unit on Zillow or Apartments.com? I own a unit in a high rise building in New Brunswick NJ that I typically rent out to college students via my own network. This year I decided to try to list it on Zillow and when I did I saw that it only listed to Hotpads and my Zillow and Trulia listings were denied. I got an email with the following message from Zillow "Contact support for advertising rentals in communities of 50 units or more", I am still waiting on a response from them.

I then tried to list it on apartments.com and faced an error saying that subleases were not allowed and to call customer support if this was an error, so I did. The representative informed me that because there was already a paid advertisement for that building on the site I was not allowed to post on my own and I had to contact the property managers for the building.

Has anyone else had to experience this kind of runaround and hassle just to list on either of these sites?

Best,
Joe

Loading replies...