User Stats

Votes
Rachel Wayne
Votes |
Landlord Tneant- Eviction proceedings

Rachel Wayne
Posted May 28 2018, 06:36

Hi fellow members,

I have a tenant who started his lease about a month ago, and paid rent, security deposit and pet fee with checks that bounced.  On top of that is making requests for cosmetic repairs.  I had filed for eviction under the pretense of non payment of rent however judge sided that pet fee and security deposit are not considered rent and requested tenant to pay only one month rent owed.  In addition, in the application and lease they said the family was only five individuals, however as I was preparing the landlord registration for my city, she added one more child so total of 6 individuals in the house.  We informally requested via text message that she is to not use the ground floor storage room as a bedroom as this is a violation of city code and found that she still is illegally using this room for sleeping purposes.  Are there any good references to draft a notice to cease and a notice to hold.  She lied to the judge and complained of ant infestation and raccoons in the house to buy more time as well.  Help please!

Loading replies...