How to search through eviction records?

6 Replies

I need to go look up eviction notices in my area, but I do not know how to search through eviction notices. I do not know a specific case number or a specific landlord's name to find who filed for evictions. Can evictions be searched by city, state, and/or county? I am looking for any and all evictions that have been filed based on locations.

The way it works in our county court computerized records system is that you can't search on that, so you do a docket date search. Then you painstakingly have to go through the cases and find the evictions to investigate the cases. The way it works in your area will also run through the court system. It may be computerized or it may not be. You're going to have to find out how things work in Jefferson County.

@Jim K. Thanks. I am hoping someone at the courthouse can help me out with that when I go down there. All I need is a list of the most recent filed eviction notices.

@Tony Marcelle

The best advice I can offer is to stay calm and resist the urge to smack anyone, however incompetent, annoying, selfish, and obviously stupid they are.

@Tony Marcelle

Let's just say that in my experience, a records-keeping county courthouse employee worker with a calling for serving the public has an awful lot in common with a unicorn.

Originally posted by @Jim K. :

@Tony Marcelle

Let's just say that in my experience, a records-keeping county courthouse employee worker with a calling for serving the public has an awful lot in common with a unicorn.

That's not good at all. I sure hope I don't have that problem. I don't have time for their rude behavior.