• Rental Property Investor
  • NY MA CT VT MT, MO
Votes |
Is Massachusetts landlord law insane?

Alan Brown
  • Rental Property Investor
  • NY MA CT VT MT, MO
Posted Jul 17 2018, 06:20

Just bought a couple of properties in Pittsfield during another 1031 scramble, looking in 3 different states at 12 different properties, and after some fell through, the two left are what I have.  On top of that, I had a LAME realtor, who I had hoped I could count on.  NO excuses, I didn't do nearly enough due diligence  during the crazy shuffle to identify properties, but I'm learning all kinds of things now, that would have been nice to know before:  On eviction, the landlord is responsible to hire movers to store her stuff for 3 months??? A bid for $2700 is what I'm looking at, and of course there's only one company bonded & insured to make her move a little more comfortable for her.  And that company is a month out, so the Sheriff is ready to go, but she gets another month to live for free!!

What?? What insanity is this that protects an obviously crappy tenant (didn't even show up for her eviction hearing) who only had to pay $250 per month with section 8 and didn't even do that?  And had an illegal live in friend who got busted for selling opiods?  

Who's writing the laws in this state?  

What else am I missing, and is there a landlord's association to change this nonsense?

Loading replies...