Morris Invest ?? Has anyone worked with this company?

16 Replies

I came across a company called Morris invest ? Has anyone worked with this company or have any background with this kind of gig? I am just getting ready to invest and real estate and need some advice

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/563340-morris-invest-and-clayton-morris-review

@Deondre Blackshear - you want a company to sell you an asset at above fair-market value, make promises that they can't necessarily keep, and you also want them to be reputable? I think you're asking too much. 

Why not just buy a well-valued property and find a good manager?  

Originally posted by @Deondre Blackshear :
I came across a company called Morris invest ? Has anyone worked with this company or have any background with this kind of gig? I am just getting ready to invest and real estate and need some advice

Just search on BP...you'll see...

There are any number of reputable turnkey companies.  Morris Invest is not really a turnkey company but a marketer of ill repute; and in any case is an outlier in that they are the worse of the worse for the extent of the scam they have run in multiple markets now.  And they continue to operate.  

@Deondre Blackshear . Hi Deondre, memphis Invest and Spartan Investments are both reputable... make sure you have a system for analyzing deals but both companies have good reputations.
Originally posted by @Deondre Blackshear :

judging from what other people have been saying, don't do it. 

This post has been removed.

@Mark Hughes are you referring to Morris Invest? I wouldn't treat their YouTube content as due diligence but more as propaganda. I invest quite a bit in the suburbs of Detroit and have seen quite a few of his videos. He paints a pretty rosy picture. Granted I think the stigma of the area is worse than it really is on a macro level, but on a micro level it could be a lot worse. Based on my experience in the area and what he's charging, his ROI figures don't add up.

At the end of the day, don’t trust everything you see or hear. Before you sign up with any turnkey provider, make sure you have toured the area and specific property if you can. 

Bruce

I researched several turn key companies when starting out, and went on the buy list with one of them but every deal was at least 10k over value for the area so ultimately I just purchased a duplex from MLS and just on board it with a PM. Been very happy doing it this way over going the turn key route.

Best of luck!

I beg you to stay away from Morris Invest. I, and many other investors, have been trying our best to reach as many investors as possible to spread the word on Morris Invest and the scam he and Oceanpointe have been running.
He’s an excellent marketer and he will convince you not to trust negative reviews but we have been taken for tens of thousands of dollars.
300+ investors (without exaggeration) have been dealing with the Morris Invest nightmare.
Stay away from:

Morris Invest
Clayton/natali Morris
Oceanpointe/Oceanpoint
Blue sky
Bert Whalen

I urge you to contact property management companies in Indiana (Wilmoth Group, BHB, etc...) and Jacksonville, FL to confirm my statement if you’d like.
They’ve all heard about the huge scam and the big Morris Invest mafia and have inherited hundreds of investors with properties that were never rehabbed, squatters, no utilities, etc etc..

I’ll send you more info directly.

@Deondre Blackshear

Keep learning from this site and invest on your own. You do not need a "turnkey" company to be successful. There are a few out there that are reputable, but you can do this. You just need to work at it and go for it. 

@Deondre Blackshear I thought about TK when I first was looking to invest in Kansas City but then realized that it wasn’t a good way to scale because you can’t add value. I think it is important to differentiate turnkey as a term from turnkey companies. A turnkey property is ready to go a turnkey company sells fixed up properties to investors. I would by a turnkey appartment, but they are not sold by turnkey companies. I would not buy a turnkey SFH sold by a turnkey company. If I had lots of money I would by turnkey homes off the MLS in good areas with a lot of appreciation potential. Everyone has their own preferences with investing but I think they key to all success in RE is being able to add value.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here