Help eviction a tenant in Georgia

1 Reply

Good evening. I wrote recently about an inherited tenant who was given a one-year lease at about 50% below market value from the previous PM just two days before we closed on the house. It's been a long 6 months, and I thought I could just hang in there until the lease expires 1/31/19, but at this point, I am ready to sever the lease agreement. She is just a problem tenant and I've had enough. The lease isn't useful (it's a two-page document that basically says nothing). I'm new to this and I've made enough mistakes as it is, don't want to make any more. If I understand correctly, in Georgia, a landlord can evict with 60 days notice unless the lease says otherwise. Can anyone confirm this?

I can't figure out how to delete this thread, but I've found an answer to my question.

(60 day notice only applies to tenancy at will, but my lease does mention that pets are not allowed without permission, so I will be using that to give a comply or quit notice, and then an eviction. I will inquire tomorrow as to whether it is unlawful to park an unregistered vehicle on private property. If so, I will use that as another reason).