Connor S.
  • Wilmington, NC
Votes |
Lease Appliance Clause Question??

Connor S.
  • Wilmington, NC
Posted Aug 13 2018, 13:48

Hello I just rented out a duplex and in the lease I have this clause : 

Appliances: The appliances have been supplied in complete working order. Appliances included are a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave. The use of these appliances is not included in the rent. If Tenants wish to use these appliances, they agree to assume all responsibility for care and maintenance. Tenants agree to return the appliances in the condition supplied less any normal and reasonable

The tenant emailed me about two days after moving in and said the refrigerator was not supplied in complete working condition and is demanding I replace it ASAP. They say that the temp only goes to 60 degrees and that it needs to go to 40 degrees. 

I was under the impression that this clause says  that the appliances are there but they are not included in lease so Im not responsable for them and that it is their choice to use them or not. She is under the impression that the lease says they are supplied in complete working order and that I need to replace them. 

What do you guys think? I will most likely just buy a new fridge for the place anyways as Im getting very good cash flow on it and don't want to start off on a bad note with the tenants. Curious what everyones opinion is on the matter? 

Loading replies...