Preferred Credit Score and Background Check vendors?

4 Replies

We bought a 3 unit building (live in the owner's unit) and inherited great tenants. One of them wants to add a roommate. I'm wondering if anyone has any preferred sites they use for credit checks and background checks? Thanks!

I use Innago to manage my units, and they provide screening services through TransUnion's SmartMove. Haven't had any issues with it, and fees are pushed to tenant as part of the application fee so it's an affordable choice as well

@Theresa P.

I use smartmove as well, but I use them direct.  I self manage my properties and it’s very easy on the credit and background check.  Sign up with TransUnion on there smartmove platform.  When you find a potential tenant.  You provide there information to smartmove and can elect to have the potential tenant pay the fee for the check or you can pay for it.  I have tenant pay for it.  It works very smooth.  No need to go through another platform unless they offer other services you desire.

Good Luck.

@Theresa P.

I use smartmove as well, but I use them direct.  I self manage my properties and it’s very easy on the credit and background check.  Sign up with TransUnion on there smartmove platform.  When you find a potential tenant.  You provide there information to smartmove and can elect to have the potential tenant pay the fee for the check or you can pay for it.  I have tenant pay for it.  It works very smooth.  No need to go through another platform unless they offer other services you desire.

Good Luck.