Install smart thermostats in 4 unit with a boiler?

3 Replies

My heating bill is 300-400/month in the winter months.  Is it worth installing smarter technology in each individual unit?  If so what would you recommend?

Same scenario, I invested in Chicago Controls auto set back thermostats. They have saved me a fortune, tamper proof and tenants can adjust (somewhat).

One is an auto set back every 3 hours- so no matter what the tenant sets it will reset to 68 in 3 hours.

The one I use goes to 70  at 6 am

65 at 9 am

70 at 5pm

65 at 9 pm

The tenant can max it out to 71 but it will only last until the next scheduled adjustment. Love them!

Originally posted by @Patrick M. :

Same scenario, I invested in Chicago Controls auto set back thermostats. They have saved me a fortune, tamper proof and tenants can adjust (somewhat).

One is an auto set back every 3 hours- so no matter what the tenant sets it will reset to 68 in 3 hours.

The one I use goes to 70  at 6 am

65 at 9 am

70 at 5pm

65 at 9 pm

The tenant can max it out to 71 but it will only last until the next scheduled adjustment. Love them!

Is this the one you would recommend?  If not can you provide a link?  

https://www.landlordstat.com/product/hc71sb-auto-setback-thermostat/

That is the company. I use the PREPRG71. That is the one that has the times baked in. The auto setback is good as well.

I inherited the old mercury switch "crank it up and open the windows when it gets to hot" thermostats. When I switched over it was an immediate savings.