rental properties in Warren Michigan

2 Replies

Looking for investor and individuals who own property in Warren Michigan. Just looking for experiences with the Rental Division and if anyone knows if you are rehabbing a property will they make you do another inspection after you've completed the first for the rehab? 

My mother lives in Warren.  Typically when doing major reno work, a certificate of occupancy is required by the city.  If the work is not major, and was done in a "safe work manly manner" then you can get away with financing with Fannie/Freddie without the city signing off, as long as appraisers puts those comments in the report.  Let me know if that answers your question.  

Originally posted by @Jim Blackburn :

My mother lives in Warren.  Typically when doing major reno work, a certificate of occupancy is required by the city.  If the work is not major, and was done in a "safe work manly manner" then you can get away with financing with Fannie/Freddie without the city signing off, as long as appraisers puts those comments in the report.  Let me know if that answers your question.  

Here is the situation. There is a property that I’m looking at buying. It does need a rehab, I assume I have to pull permits and all of that while doing so. In the rehab I’m sure then city will inspect and make insure everything is up to code. Once everything is complete I plan on renting. In Warren they require an inspection and a rental licences. So I wasn’t sure if the second part is needed due to the recent rehab