Property management software for personal use

10 Replies

Hey eveyone! My wife and I own and manage 44 units and want to start using a software or app to help us stay organized and offer a way for tenants to pay online. I’ve seen stuff for cozy, buildium, appfoilio but I’m wondering what would be best for an operation our size that’s cost effective. Thank you! Matt
@Matthew Crawford I used Buildium last year. It is excellent especially providing financial statements. But I do not agree with the pricing. It's only worth if you utilize 75% of the systems including the accounting side. But posting your listings on multiple platforms including Trulia Zillow and housepads is helpful.

That goes with all the systems if you do not use all the features, the software is not worth a dime.

@Hai Loc Does Buildium give you the ability to view your Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet, and reconcile your bank accounts?

@Matthew Crawford If you only want to collect payment, use QBO they have a free ACH for landlords.

@Gita Faust Yes Buildium does all that. It's awesome but I wouldn't use it again unless I am paying someone to enter my data.. can you imagine 100s of entries a month. Every unit.. every receipt.. it takes care of bookkeeping
Originally posted by @Hai Loc :
@Gita Faust

Yes Buildium does all that. It's awesome but I wouldn't use it again unless I am paying someone to enter my data.. can you imagine 100s of entries a month. Every unit.. every receipt.. it takes care of bookkeeping

Thanks - I will have to revisit and learn more. Would you mind if we spoke for few minutes?

Originally posted by @Gita Faust :
Originally posted by @Hai Loc:
@Gita Faust

Yes Buildium does all that. It's awesome but I wouldn't use it again unless I am paying someone to enter my data.. can you imagine 100s of entries a month. Every unit.. every receipt.. it takes care of bookkeeping

Thanks - I will have to revisit and learn more. Would you mind if we spoke for few minutes?

Sure PM me and we can arrange something

we've slowly grown over 5 years and I just enter data into excel and we have an accountant that does the books. Our tenants pay by mailing money orders to our P.O. box or depositing directly to the bank and we just want to offer an online way of paying is why we want the software or program that would best suite us.