Votes
Karyn S.
  • Milford, CT
Votes |
Lawn Care Question for SFH

Karyn S.
  • Milford, CT
Posted Sep 13 2018, 09:23

Just listed our first rental and still trying to decide how to go about lawn care. It's a single family home and the yard isn't huge. Wasn't looking to provide lawn care since it is SFH. I've been mowing all summer and assumed we would leave them that mower and a few basic yard tools. The other day a local landlord told us that he doesn't give tenants a mower but sells it to them for extremely cheap - that way he isn't liable if they hurt themselves using it. Now not sure what to do with this and need to figure it out in the next day or 2 before weekend showings! It is an electric mower (again not a huge yard and would be worried about the pricier gas mowers and someone not using right) but that leaves possibility of them running over the cord. Also if they are trying to mow really long grass or wet grass the electric ones don't have the same power and they could kill it quickly, leaving me stuck replacing it. And do I then need to provide a weed wacker? What if we get an elderly couple that can't mow?

Any thoughts or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Loading replies...