Favorite free-to-cheap digital signature program?

1 Reply

I may have an out of town person renting a property. What program(s) do you use for digital signatures on docs? What do you like or dislike about them?

My company pays for DotLoop so I use that the most and my Realtor dues pay for Transaction Desk with Authentisign, which has a free 30-day trial.  

If you're just using them for signatures, they're all pretty similar, to be honest. I'm used to DotLoop and use it for my Realtor transactions and my rental transactions -- it lets you keep separate file folders, or "Loops" for each transaction, and archives them forever, so I upload everything to my Loops and leave them there. It's owned by Zillow Group -- my company has a contract that protects our data but every other user gives away their data (literally everything in every lease or contract) -- however you may feel about that.

I just got access to a BlockChain service called Shelter Zoom which looks interesting.  It's supposedly free for now -- that might be worth a shot.

If you just need it this once, I might not sign up for a service -- it would probably be cheaper to just get a Notary to verify signatures and fax or mail copies