Stock crash worries??

47 Replies

Anyone worried about that happened with stock market today?

@Nadir M. not in the least. I am concerned about the inverted yield curve but the S&P is down .8% for the week that is pretty insignificant.  There is little correlation between the stock market and the real estate market. 

While I was looking to see what happened to day I saw a headline that the fed says no more rate hikes in 2019.

Hi Nadir,

Nope. Stock speculators come and go over the years, but people will always need a place to live.

Scott...

@Ned Carey well that’s good news. I’m UC on a house and wanted to make sure and also wanted to get some feedback from people regarding the correlation btw both markets.

Thank you,

Oddly enough My tenants don’t seem to be concerned over a bear market  whatsoever in fact I suspect they will continue to buy into Phillip Morris and anheauser Busch corporations this year ...and I will continue to collect their rent 

Stock market volatility is all the more reason to have cash flowing real estate.

@Dennis M.

Beast Ice and Boone's, Mogen David and Crazy Horse Malt Liquor, rolling Top and Bugler, and Drum Halfzware Shag when I could afford it...bringing the lost years of the last millennium right back home, Denny. I'm going to drink some Franzia Chillable Red (I never fail to pronounce it "Shee-ya-bleh") tonight in your honor.

When market drop I keep buying. Over time it generally pays off really well. Compounding.

Originally posted by @Dennis M. :

Oddly enough My tenants don’t seem to be concerned over a bear market  whatsoever in fact I suspect they will continue to buy into Phillip Morris and anheauser Busch corporations this year ...and I will continue to collect their rent 

now that is a good one..  !!!  and so very true.. I mean who smokes these days anyway.. ?

Originally posted by @Mike Dymski :

Stock market volatility is all the more reason to have cash flowing real estate.

agreed move to tangible assets 

Todays stock market doesn't worry me, but a recession triggered by a market crash does. I rely on my W2 income, which is a family run business. It has been around 90 years, and hasn't done great since the last recession. I witnessed first hand how 2008 affected us, and the workers we had to lay off. Another one would put us in a really bad position. I don't have 5-10 properties to help buffer a hit, I have two. 

I have actually looked to real estate to help me, but there is a fine line between someone who is just getting started and someone who is seasoned with plenty of properties.

As a long-term investor absolutely not.  Spectators are probably worried, though.

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Dennis M.:

now that is a good one..  !!!  and so very true.. I mean who smokes these days anyway.. ?

t’s crazy to pay big money to kill yourself .i know of a certain family that makes just over 20k a year where the adults both smoke 8$ a pack cigarettes .daily  That’s 16$ a day or $5,840a year . That represents a fourth of their income just to slowly kill them selves . The same people feel defeated and disenfranchised that the system is rigged against the “ little guy” and it’s impossible to get ahead! I can’t even categorize this thinking as financial illiteracy . This is sheer stupidity . It’s “stupid on Steroids “as Dave Ramsey likes to say .

What happened?  I guess I'm not worried...

@Nadir M. Bear market - the stock market is very overpriced from all the bailout money given to the banks. Only a matter of time before we see a big correction.

@Nadir M. No worries at all, the quicker it crashes the quicker we make money! Money is made when there is blood in the streets

@Dennis M.

"t’s crazy to pay big money to kill yourself"

If they were just killing themselves it would not be so bad the biggest problem is the financial strain these people put on the medical system. We are all paying for their irresponsible habits. There is no way they should ever be allowed medical treatment. EMTs, emergency room staff, doctors, administration, medication the cost is out of sight driving up all our medical expences.

Everything about this class of individual is self inflicted.

@Thomas S. Yes the points you make are valid. Unfortunately it’s hard to do anything about the way that part of the system operates.

Originally posted by @Dennis M. :
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
Originally posted by @Dennis M.:

t’s crazy to pay big money to kill yourself .i know of a certain family that makes just over 20k a year where the adults both smoke 8$ a pack cigarettes .daily  That’s 16$ a day or $5,840a year . That represents a fourth of their income just to slowly kill them selves . The same people feel defeated and disenfranchised that the system is rigged against the “ little guy” and it’s impossible to get ahead! I can’t even categorize this thinking as financial illiteracy . This is sheer stupidity . It’s “stupid on Steroids “as Dave Ramsey likes to say .

or the office staff in high rise buildings I see in major metro areas with their two a day starbucks habits costing them 10 bucks a day for coffee or more.  Another 2500 to 3k a year that probably better spent.. Just another Vice 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here