Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
I agree with @Doug Pintarch. Ideally the tenant would pay for it since they are the ones using it, but realistically it is maintenance of a permanent part of the house. Tenants are usually responsible for changing out AC filters, but they are not typically required to do the maintenance on the unit. With the pool I would translate that to the tenants are responsible for regular cleanings and day to day maintenance, but you'll be responsible for major maintenance (open and closing the pool) and repairs. That's why a lot of landlords don't buy houses with pools.
Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
I agree with @Doug Pintarch. Ideally the tenant would pay for it since they are the ones using it, but realistically it is maintenance of a permanent part of the house. Tenants are usually responsible for changing out AC filters, but they are not typically required to do the maintenance on the unit. With the pool I would translate that to the tenants are responsible for regular cleanings and day to day maintenance, but you'll be responsible for major maintenance (open and closing the pool) and repairs. That's why a lot of landlords don't buy houses with pools.