Darek J.
  • Central Valley, CA
Votes |
Application fee and Electronic rental applications

Darek J.
  • Central Valley, CA
Posted Jun 12 2019, 14:50

Hello all,

My question is: When using a website like Cozy.Co for screening and tenant applications, would it be appropriate to have all perspective applicants pay the application fee for backround/credit check, despite knowing if they qualify or not?

I am on the tail end of an update of a unit which had a long term tenant.  I have been fortunate that all of my inherited tenants have decided to stay long term.  We will begin showing the unit next week, and for this application process we decided to use Cozy.Co primarily, while having paper applications for those that request it.  Is it right to have all applicants pay the Cozy.Co fee, even if I have zero idea if they would meet my rental requirements?  I gut says yes, however if I have 10 applicants, I don't know if its common practice with these web based rental applications to charge each that applies verses with paper applications/checks, payment can be returned if an applicant doesn't even qualify enough to have the backround/credit check done. 

What are your thoughts?

Thank you.

Loading replies...