Influx of Trolls on BP?

11 Replies

Has anyone else noticed an influx of trolls on here? I first noticed it shortly after someone said the "crazy things applicants say" post had gone viral. The link someone posted to this viral posts was to a really anti-landlord, hate the world, caustic forum. 

Now though i'm seeing all these brand new accounts being created and "chiming in" with their negativity. Anyone else noticing this too?

Not much to be done about it, this is a forum after all. Just thought it interesting =p

@Shane H. Not long ago I posted an ad on Instagram for Air BnB friendly loan products and had to turn off comments because some people seemed to be convinced that I've single handedly gentrified the the bay area.  At the end of the day, let us just hope these types of folks find some self respect and try to make the best of the cards they're dealt like most of the members here on BP have decided to do by learning how to invest in real estate. 

I think the best defense against any idealistic antagonists on here would just be to ignore it and let them exhaust themselves.  

This place is to learn, support, network, and do business. 

Yeah, its coming from a "redistribute the wealth" type of far left trolls on a specific subreddit that are notorious for brigading like this. There is a specific post there calling them to troll here.

They were alerted about this site from a twitter poster upset about the "tenant applicants say stupid things" thread, and there is some more detail on that thread.

Hey guys! Thanks for noticing the influx. We've noticed it, too. Please Report any of these members, and we can deactivate their accounts. While we encourage intelligent debate and discussion, outright trolling is just annoying. 

To report a post, click the three green dots in the upper right corner, and click Report Abuse.

Thank you!

Originally posted by @Shane H. :

Has anyone else noticed an influx of trolls on here? I first noticed it shortly after someone said the "crazy things applicants say" post had gone viral. The link someone posted to this viral posts was to a really anti-landlord, hate the world, caustic forum. 

Now though i'm seeing all these brand new accounts being created and "chiming in" with their negativity. Anyone else noticing this too?

Not much to be done about it, this is a forum after all. Just thought it interesting =p

You have the link to this? I'd like to check it out.

@Shane H. this is quite comical lol. i wonder what these people are suggesting to be the solution if youre going to "abolish all landlords". so what...should the government be your landlord? or just free housing for all and do/pay whatever you want? 😂🙄