Votes
Jerry D.
  • Houston, tx
Votes |
First time eviction

Jerry D.
  • Houston, tx
Posted May 9 2012, 05:43

Heading to court today to file an eviction for the first time. I have done everything possible to avoid the situation. Some people are just no reasonable. The cost is going to be $192 to file the paper work. I am in Texas. I will let you know how it goes and any tips I can give. They are being evicted for not paying rent this month. I gave them 3 day notice on May 5. Taped on the front door. They have dogs so couldn't put inside of door. I took video and pictures of me doing it. I used my phone to show the date. I also sent it certified mail. I have the receipt for it but doubt they will sign for it. I told them if they are out by this weekend I would stop the eviction and they wouldn't need to show for court. I doubt that will happen. Its really frustrating because the guy basically told me you can wait two weeks and take a chance I will have the rent or you can take me to court and it will cost you time and money. I told him I couldn't take that chance and if he didn't have the rent in two weeks I would be two weeks further behind. He said ok. I just don't get it.

Loading replies...