Smyrna GA buy and hold SFH

9 Replies

I was in a contract for a home in the Pittsburgh neighborhood of Atlanta and it fell through after inspection, so I turned my sights towards some different areas and Smyrna GA has some nice homes that look like will rent well. Does anyone have any good or bad experience in Smyrna? I liked the Pittsburgh/west end/capitol view area for the extreme potential of appreciation, but those areas have a little more short term risk. Smyrna seems like a safer investment, but maybe with less upside. Is that a fair assessment, or am I way off? I’d love to hear any insight out there!

Tyler Hampton

@Tyler Hampton

I live in the area - some friends said the house they bought in Smyrna for $200k a year ago or so would sell for $280k now. Smyrna is already a great place to live: very close to Atlanta yet safer neighborhoods imo, close to Braves stadium. While that may limit upside potential, I only see Smyrna increasing in desirability for homebuyers. I dont have any evidence for whether or not to invest, but what I can tell you is that I love it here and want to stay.

What parts of Smyrna do you recommend? Are there areas one should stay Away from?

thanks in advance 
Dieggo

posted by @Rachel Ca:

@Tyler Hampton

I live in the area - some friends said the house they bought in Smyrna for $200k a year ago or so would sell for $280k now. Smyrna is already a great place to live: very close to Atlanta yet safer neighborhoods imo, close to Braves stadium. While that may limit upside potential, I only see Smyrna increasing in desirability for homebuyers. I dont have any evidence for whether or not to invest, but what I can tell you is that I love it here and want to stay.

Hi there! Love Smyrna. Booming in the past 5 years since Brave moved in town. My 315K house bought in 2014 is value around 410K this year. Less risky for sure.

There are still some rental/investment opportunities within the city of Smyrna, but with the last few years of appreciation, it is pricing out some investors.   I guess folks would consider me a Smyrna 'Townie' at this point and may be biased, but its one of the hottest places in metro Atlanta now.