• Spokane, WA
Votes |
Trespasser's damaging chainlink fence.

Manmath D.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Spokane, WA
Posted Aug 29 2019, 14:59

So I took over this duplex last year. There was 4 ft tall chain link fence on back of the property. Right behind is an easement where there is lot of foot traffic( mostly from low income apartment down the street and bunch of hobos walking around). I also saw that there was bend on top rail which indicated small section of people jumping over my 4ft fence and crossing my property to get to other side. Doesn’t look like heavy traffic but just few kids and who know. But anyway I decided to raise my fence to 6ft using post extensions hoping it will deter trespassing. I asked my friend who is a roofer and does not have fencing experience to help me put this fence up. Looks like a good job but not very professional. I spent close to $ 2500 ($900 labor) to put up 300ft fence.

I just walked around to see how things are and found that people took out the clips holding chain link to fence and started crawling under damaging my chain link.

Just called fencing company and explained them what’s going on. Upon hearing me the lady said it looks like job was not done well and they will stop by to look at it.

Hoping to take care of trespassing issue on the property and who knows how much fencing company is going to charge me for proper installation. 

Loading replies...