• Real Estate Broker
  • Commerce City, CO
Votes |
Issue getting bid from contractor

Tristan Colborg
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Commerce City, CO
Posted Oct 21 2019, 17:20

Hey BP community looking for some insight here. I've been trying to get bids for some work on a newly acquired triplex, and recently guy response back from one of the contractors that kind of took me back. Not sure if what I'm sending is maybe too detailed or in-depth, but wondering if I need to adjust what I'm sending them. Below is the message that I sent to a contractor and their response, as well as the scope of work document I sent them.

"Morning _______, I hope you had a good weekend and thanks again for replying back to me on facebook. Attached is the construction scope of the work and we discussed. I would still like to see about having you out on Thursday or Friday to look at the project and bid it out. I currently have a company scheduled at 1 pm on Thursday, as well as one @ 12 pm on Friday. Let me know what time works best for you."

Contractor response:

"Im gonna pass. I as the contractor come to the table with the paperwork and contract.

This not how I conduct my business.

Good Luck"

What are your guy's thoughts, was what I sent him to much? Or is this just the contractor's way of not wanting to bid the job.

This is some of the scope of work I sent him below. The only thing I can think of was the lines where it stated material cost and total cost for each section. Really I did this so if there are things/areas I need to remove to stick to my budget it is easier to do so.

Loading replies...