Should I hire a House Crew for my Airbnb?

4 Replies

Hey BP Family, 

I am currently looking into Multi Family properties as well as single family homes with finished basements in the DMV area and plan to possibly rent out the extra units/rooms and also use Airbnb. My question is should I hire a Cleaning Crew to clean between Airbnb stays? I work a Full-time and Part Time Job so I get home around 10-11pm on average every night. I could do it myself but would it be more logical to hire a cleaning crew? If so whats a good average price for a cleaning crew for a finished basement or full apartment? Lastly, should the cleaning crew be responsible for the key swap between stays or should I invest in a keyless pad and change the code between stays? 

@LaQuan Bates

Yes, you should hire a cleaning crew. It sounds like you don't have the time.  A professional crew will probably do a better job and do it faster. Lastly, you can write off the cost on your tax return. 

Good luck, 

You are charging the renters for cleaning, so just use the cleaning fee to pay a cleaning service. You should treat this like a business and just manage the property. It will free you up to find more real estate investments.

@LaQuan Bates -  Absolutely hire the cleaning crew. You need to run this like a business that doesn't run off you breaking your back.

I pay my cleaning lady $75 per turn.  I charge my guests $75 for cleaning.  Cleaning is probably the most important part about running a successful AIRBNB.  Bad cleaning will sink your ratings and reviews.  Only hire someone who will do a professional job, even if it costs you a bit extra.

I use a lockbox with a key.  I'm eventually going to switch to a digital keypad.  Get one that hooks up to wifi and swap the code from your phone.