Telsa Cybertruck the ultimate for the real estate owner operator

186 Replies

Has there ever been a better vehicle designed for the owner / landlord small contractor than this bad boy.

500 miles per charge.. body you cant dent don't need  paint wont rust wont corrode.. Back of the bed with metal cover so you stuff wont get wet or stolen. lots of cubby holes to store tools.. a frunk for took box's  seats six  fast as a Porsche 911.. 

When I look at all the small contractors etc who work on our deals after they buy their truck and tools number one expense is GAS and repairs on their older trucks.. 

What say you..  like it  Hate it  have you put a deposit down its only 100.00 bucks I put mine in first night. 

Love or Hate the design of the truck it is very polarizing and it did exactly what they wanted. Get people talking about it.  The haters will say it doesn't look like the Ford F-150. Why would they build a truck to look like that when they are trying to defeat it? Chevy, Dodge, Nissan etc can't beat the F-150.  

The specs on it and range is pretty amazing. Price point for what you get. Man that's hard to beat.  I am not truck person nor do I like the design but if I had to buy a truck I would get this. 

Originally posted by @Dennis M. :

I like it , I’ll wait for used though . I hate buying liabilities instead of assets 

I am too old to wait for used.. but what do you think of functionality for someone exactly like you 

do it your self manger carrying your own tools etc etc..  plug your skill saw into the truck.. don't worry about thieves 

stealing your stuff as its secured behind harden metal.. 4 wheel drive for the snow etc.. only thing I was thinking is that its missing roof racks for lumber and such.. 

Originally posted by @Eric X. :

should be section 179able?

I don't know I know the X is I am picking up my new X on Sat.  and my other X I did take the deduction in previous years.. 

my plan is to sell my first X when the truck comes out I will give the new X I am bought to my wife and I will drive the truck.

I am going to talk to my architect on garage depths for all those folks that own these big trucks will be a bonus if my new builds can house these beasts.. 

so you go solar roof  solar panel.. and Tesla vehicle and never pay for energy for house and gas for car.. for a two vehicle family this could save 1000 to 1500 per month  easy.. 

Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich :

I LOVE IT!

Can't wait. Not so much the landlord/contractor angle. But the 6-person cabin; 500-mile range; flamethrower on a tripod in the bed. BAM!

Ya I want it for the Vegas to Portland drive and the drives to the SF bay area I make.. put that auto pilot on and off you go.

right now I don't mind the stopping to super charge but if I could skip one charge station  that would be ideal.. My bladder cant go much farther anyway and by the time these come out they will super charge pretty darn fast.. I think my new one will charge 150 miles in 15 minutes.

I think it would be awesome . Im a  big fan in fact I would probably find other uses like drive high school kids to prom in it or charge for photo opps to the public . I wonder how it would do in the snow here in pa.? I’d probably sell my corvette  because  if it’s that fast I wouldn’t need a summer toy ! I’m eager to see how this pans out once the public starts using them for chores. This would be great for the ghetto too ! Nobody could scratch it with keys it’s impervious to beer bottles thrown at or other retaliation from my section 8 tenants 

With legit battery life and auto drive option it’s $100k CAN for me. That’s a pass. Not sure what battery life is like at -30*C. Don’t see many Tesla vehicles on the prairies yet, especially in the winter. That said, a new 3/4 ton Duramax Denali is also $100k.

For $100k, I can burn 10 more lifetimes of gas in my old 2006 Jeep Wrangler and it’ll still only be $8 to replace a headlight on it. Thing barely has doors but it’s almost as indestructible the bulletproof windows on that Tesla.

I think it would be awesome . Im a  big fan in fact I would probably find other uses like drive high school kids to prom in it or charge for photo opps to the public . I wonder how it would do in the snow here in pa.? I’d probably sell my corvette  because  if it’s that fast I wouldn’t need a summer toy ! I’m eager to see how this pans out once the public starts using them for chores. This would be great for the ghetto too ! Nobody could scratch it with keys it’s impervious to beer bottles thrown at or other retaliation from my section 8 tenants 

that is my exact thought what a great ghetto work truck.. windows are armored the car cant be dented and all your valuables are locked out of sight along with these cars have their own video security systems anyone coming near it is on camera..  they do great in the snow.. only issue is battery degrades a bit in the super cold weather.. I just drove back from Vegas to Portland last weekend and the drive across the Sierras was at 8 to 20 degrees so had to slow down a touch could still go speed limit but not my usual 10 over.  But for around town NO ISSUE on cold or battery unless your driving more than 200 miles a day. 

Originally posted by @Kris H. :

With legit battery life and auto drive option it’s $100k CAN for me. That’s a pass. Not sure what battery life is like at -30*C. Don’t see many Tesla vehicles on the prairies yet, especially in the winter. That said, a new 3/4 ton Duramax Denali is also $100k.

For $100k, I can burn 10 more lifetimes of gas in my old 2006 Jeep Wrangler and it’ll still only be $8 to replace a headlight on it. Thing barely has doors but it’s almost as indestructible the bulletproof windows on that Tesla.

cold for sure saps battery life and distance but they are all over Norway.. so unless your driving LOOONG distance each day not an issue for a round town work on your properties vehicle the cold should not be an issue.  

@Jay Hinrichs

Yep, around town cool stuff. Norway ain’t like Canadian prairies in the winter. More like maybe Oregon or Washington ish. Example, it’s -5*C right now and -20 with windchill. Not a darn tree in site and my 1500 Chevy is downshifting to drive 65mph.

For someone with a 2nd vehicle for long trips, probably fits just fine. I’d rather run one vehicle I can do everything with... although running a Jeep Wrangler I shouldn’t pretend like I’m 100% satisfied in that category.

@Jay Hinrichs

Fell in love the first time I saw it when it was first unveiled. I already drive a 4 crew max tundra 2013 and it’s big. Trading in my tundra for this one won’t make that much difference in size. I love the design, it speaks to me. It’s bold it’s different and it’s electric. Can’t wait to drive that beast!

What are the prices like in this girl ? Is there different options and versions I assume ? 

base is 49k  next bigger battery and dual motor is 59k and Tri motor ( 0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds) 69k and this one has 500 mile range the others will be 250 to 350 range. respectfully 

everything is standard except full self driving software.. which I don't buy  I still like to drive

but the auto pilot that is on the cars now I use all the time for bumper to bumper and long freeway runs very relaxing.

buying a Tesla is the coolest thing in the auto world.. U simply go to Tesla.com  pick the vehicle you want   model 3  S or X  say order now

it walks you through a few screens and you have bought the care in 5 to 7 minutes on line.. there are only  a few options you can purchase or not has to do with paint color interior seat colors and wheels.. 

you put 2500 on your CC and your car goes into the Q to be built takes about 2 to 6 weeks.. you then get an e mail stating your car will be delivered to this address or to your home if your rural at this time.. you have cashiers check ready for them and its done.. you do not need to talk to anyone.. no up sell no spending 10 hours at the dealer going through all that BS.. its AWESOME and a total distruptor to the auto sales industry.. in our area their are show rooms at the mall  think Apple store were you can schedule a test drive.. but no high pressure sales its really cool I love it.

@Jay Hinrichs

Yep, around town cool stuff. Norway ain’t like Canadian prairies in the winter. More like maybe Oregon or Washington ish. Example, it’s -5*C right now and -20 with windchill. Not a darn tree in site and my 1500 Chevy is downshifting to drive 65mph.

For someone with a 2nd vehicle for long trips, probably fits just fine. I’d rather run one vehicle I can do everything with... although running a Jeep Wrangler I shouldn’t pretend like I’m 100% satisfied in that category. 

I just drove over the Seirra Nevada range last weekend it was 8 degrees farh  so not sure of what that is Cel but probably - 20 or -30.. no issues at all.. you do lose range though but for real rural out of the way areas electric is probably not the call.. I mean your not going to drive it from Edmonton to Ft. McMurray.. look at the tesla website and see where the super chargers are.. they cross Canada but on the main trans can highway.. they come up form Vanc to Kamloops and there are chargers in Kelowna so you can go over the connector.. then you can cross through Revelstoke on to Calgary and beyond.. its pretty cool and they are spaced so you can make it between them without running out of juice in just about an weather.

@Jay Hinrichs

Finally starting to see ads for charging stations up here actually. 8*F is about -12*C unless my brain is currently on pause. Good rule of thumb is -35C &-35F are equal (they aren’t, but they’re reasonably close).

I looked it up its actually -13.3  LOL.  I live in Kelowna for a year and it does not get that cold so for regular temps I would just do 32 degrees then double the small number  IE 8 C  =  2X 8  = 16 plus 32 gets you to 48 FAH.. that's pretty close.. and for klicks I just used 60% or so.

so 100klicks about 60 miles or so.. Hard part is the LOW LOW LOW speed limits..  

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich:

I LOVE IT!

Can't wait. Not so much the landlord/contractor angle. But the 6-person cabin; 500-mile range; flamethrower on a tripod in the bed. BAM!

Ya I want it for the Vegas to Portland drive and the drives to the SF bay area I make.. put that auto pilot on and off you go.

right now I don't mind the stopping to super charge but if I could skip one charge station  that would be ideal.. My bladder cant go much farther anyway and by the time these come out they will super charge pretty darn fast.. I think my new one will charge 150 miles in 15 minutes.

I was going to get an X, but I could never fully get on board with the look. Plus, the 6-seat configuration makes a lot of sense from passenger stand-point, but it really impacts the available storage. Hell, I'd fit more stuff into my S. I don't like the compromise. Not to mention 330-mile range, which at this point I don't think is enough value for the dollar.

This truck, on the other hand. 500 miles of range for $30,000 less. Seating for 6. 0-60 in under 3 sec. And tons of utility. Such a no-brainer. 

Elon said he was going to change the car industry and he did. Ford/GM/Toy all coming out with dozens of electric models in the next few, all playing in the Telsa game now. CyberTruck is the next gen truck no doubt. Jay I think the base model is 39k, not counting incentives idk maybe take off 8k the listed prices with tax credits? 

Originally posted by @Matt R. :

Elon said he was going to change the car industry and he did. Ford/GM/Toy all coming out with dozens of electric models in the next few, all playing in the Telsa game now. CyberTruck is the next gen truck no doubt. Jay I think the base model is 39k, not counting incentives idk maybe take off 8k the listed prices with tax credits? 

Ya could be wrong about the starting price I think your right then at 39k its simply a no brainer.. 

although when I think of the US Auto legacy companies jumping into the electric game 

its reminds me of the mid 70s when we had the gas issues and they tried to jump into making desiel cars since Mercedes was cleaning their clock.. those were the worst cars ever built..  the other real big issue is charging stations Tesla has 14k of them and US auto makers NONE  and Tesla adds 6 every day.. now you have after market charging stations popping up and there will be a big niche there.. 

plus Tesla is ground up and miles ahead of Legacy I think .. I mean just look at a Volt for almost 50k the model 3 for 40k is FAR superior car.

Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich :
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich:

I LOVE IT!

I was going to get an X, but I could never fully get on board with the look. Plus, the 6-seat configuration makes a lot of sense from passenger stand-point, but it really impacts the available storage. Hell, I'd fit more stuff into my S. I don't like the compromise. Not to mention 330-mile range, which at this point I don't think is enough value for the dollar.

This truck, on the other hand. 500 miles of range for $30,000 less. Seating for 6. 0-60 in under 3 sec. And tons of utility. Such a no-brainer. 

Ben,  My Two Model X have the 5 seat config.. and based on that these haul a huge amount of cargo far more than my model S..  but I love both of them.. The X though is more comfortable on long rides etc..  It will be interesting to see the ride quality in the truck I assume it will be very nice.. Not with big Nobby tires but more street type tires.

@Jay Hinrichs Everyone else is playing catch up now, they are years behind in many ways, like the charging stations for one. There is more, like selling hundreds of thousands of cars/trucks with no dealers or advertisement. 

Originally posted by @Matt R. :

@Jay Hinrichs Everyone else is playing catch up now, they are years behind in many ways, like the charging stations for one. There is more, like selling hundreds of thousands of cars/trucks with no dealers or advertisement. 

if you think about the billions spent on advertising by the legacy makers Tesla spends zero.. they pump it into their giga factories.. one opening in china.. and all the R and D  .. its pretty amazing.. of course the shorts hammer their stock all the time.. We will see

at the very least it will change the face of auto's for our grandkids and many of BP member children.. 

one of my bizz partners lives in Honolulu.. talked him into one then he bought another for his wife.. they have solar.. so their energy is free and you have a hard time driving more than 50 miles in anyone day in Honolulu so its total perfect for that setting.. since gas and elec are the highest price in the nation.. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here