What size homes to brrrr in northwest Houston.

What size homes to brrrr in northwest Houston.

Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 0 votes

I found 2 homes that are priced perfectly in the northwest Houston  area. One is a 5 bedroom 2.5 bath that can be converted into 6 bedrooms. The other is a 5 bedroom 2.5 bath. Both are in a great area, good school district. Are larger homes harder to rent if priced in the median rental price range? I’m afraid that I won’t be able to refi to pull cash because I may not find renters if the homes are too large. 

0Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 99 posts · 26 votes
6y

Unless you are doing section 8.  Those larger homes get a premium and paid by the government. If that is something you want to consider, 5 and 6 bedrooms homes go in the 3000k range per month.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi Anita, I have been buying rent homes in northwest Houston for the last couple of years, and my experience has been that the rent that can be achieved for rent houses in this area averages around $1300 to $1500 per month. We have found that our three bedroom, two bath properties Are easier to rent and get about the same price as something larger and more expensive. You may get a couple hundred more, but much harder to rent.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    6y

    Larger homes have a smaller target audience. A 3bed/2bath is probably ideal because it can fit a family, a couple, or even a single person, if need be. Study your market to see what is in demand.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks so much for the feedback ! 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 99 posts · 26 votes
    6y

    Unless you are doing section 8.  Those larger homes get a premium and paid by the government. If that is something you want to consider, 5 and 6 bedrooms homes go in the 3000k range per month.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 930 posts · 836 votes
    6y

    @Daniel Lioz

    I know it's a typo, but I would rent to Attila the Hun, Jack the Ripper and Lee Harvey Oswald for $3000k a month as long as they paid the first month in advance.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    6y

    It isn't a typo, I looked it up recently after listening to a recent BP podcast (Joseph Asamoah).
  • Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks to everyone who weighed in. This is all extremely helpful information 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.