Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Justin Self
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
Should I make these repairs to my rental?

Justin Self
  • Arlington, TX
Posted Jan 20 2020, 13:11

Hello, first time poster here.  Thanks in advance for taking a look at my situation.

The house I am renting out (through a property management company) has had the same tenants since 2015.  I lived in it right before they did.  I noticed a crack in the window of the front door and another crack in the front door itself sometime in 2014.  These cracks are purely cosmetic and don't waste any significant level of energy or pose any security risks. 

However, just last week the tenant put in a maintenance ticket to have it fixed.  My PM quoted me $150 for the fix. 

My gut is telling me that this is something they should have brought up when they moved in, or at least within a reasonable amount of time from when they moved in.  But on the flip side, I don't want to piss off my tenants and lead them to putting in tickets for all kinds of little stuff.

My PM asked me if I want to repair it or not (and is letting it be my decision), but I just don't know what the expectations are for this.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...