Pro Member
  • Maryland
Votes |
Extra cash for poor credit tenant?

Brentin Trent
Pro Member
  • Maryland
Posted Jan 23 2020, 19:45

I got the below message from a prospective tenant, stating her credit is not good but she can front money to offset this fact. I’m in Maryland and I think the most the law will allow is 2x rent for a security deposit. What would you do in this scenario assuming stable employment, which is not a given as I have not sent the pre screen. Would you ever consider easing credit score restrictions to fill a unit? I wonder how much credit score really matters versus history. I’d think. A low credit score from no credit is much better than bad credit.

“Thank you for responding. The 28th works for me or the 1st. The sooner the better for me. If it will help speed the process up once I view the property I would absolutely welcome a call to discuss the qualifications. To be fair I do not know how strict the credit requirements are, but I am a recently coming out of a difficult divorce and my credit reflects that. However, I am in the position to pay a minimum of four months rent in advance. Anyway, we can discuss the details when we speak. I look forward to hearing from you. I can be reached at”

Loading replies...