• Investor
  • Manteca, CA
Votes |
Having a hard time refinancing

Ned J.
  • Investor
  • Manteca, CA
Posted Mar 16 2020, 13:11

With all the changes in the mortgage rates over the last month.....and even more in the last several days..... I've been considering refinancing our 2 rentals and finally started to shop around... but so far have hit a dead end and I'm a bit surprised.

SFR#1..... 122k with 23 years left on a 30 year fixed 4.5%....value about 375k... Provident funding

SFR#2..... 115k with 22 years left on a 30 year fixed 4.5%....value about 275K.... Wells Fargo....

Since they both have a ton of equity, I have considered pulling 50-70k out to buy some more units....so the LTV will still be pretty low.....

Have zero debt except these units..... tons of assets..... credit 800+....pretty much perfect candidates

Applied with Rocket and WF and they are both quoting me above 5% WITH pulling 75k equity..... if I don't pull equity the rates are even higher.... Rocket told me if I don't pull equity the rates will be too high to even qualify with that low balance......haven't heard back from Provident

What am I missing here? First time I have tried to refinance...…. I was expecting there was a good chance I would get a lower rate....and not be forced to pull equity out to even get close to my rate now...and still be higher

Better place to shop for refinance rates on an investment property? I HATE doing the same application info to each individual bank over and over....good mortgage broker?

Loading replies...