Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Isaac Rayne
Votes |
Road to 10M portfolio

Isaac Rayne
Posted Mar 17 2020, 20:24

Hello! My name is Isaac I’m a new investor and I’ve been browsing this forums for the last couple months. As I’ve reached the point where I’m really starting to buckle down and buy my first property I decided I want to get more involved in the community! I really value the opportunity to talk to many different investors and know I’m not alone :) 

Anyways I wanted to just give a small little update on what I’m doing at the moment and hopefully get some advice if I should be doing something different or if I’m going down the right path.

So the last 2 weeks I've really been focusing on talking to different loan officers trying to get a solid quote on what kind of rate and loan type I could get on a 2-4 unit multifamily property and I've made some good progress. So far I've been quoted a 3.6% APR on a fixed 30 year amortized conventional loan, which I'm pretty happy about. The reason I was able to get this rate is because the property will be owner occupied by me for at least a year because I do plan on house hacking. Next I've also got into contact with a very good real estate agent who's helping me find properties and this weekend I'm going to go check out 3 that I worked the numbers on and want to run through my checklist. Next is I'm trying to also find a second real estate agent who's more experienced in multi-family and investing to help me find properties as well. I'm also going to start calling some property management companies this week to hopefully get some more information on the rental market in my area and what rents are typically going for etc. Also hopefully my agents can help me with that too. I'm also (excuse all these also's lol) cold calling some rental properties that are being advertised and hopefully I can find an investor/owner who's willing yo entertain me with the possibility of them wanting to sell. I'm doing this to help expedite the process of finding a good deal.

So yeah, my main objective right now is to just find a good deal. I have the capital, I have the knowledge and I have the time. One thing on my mind right now though is I'm actually investing in one of the fastest growing cities in the country so it is competitive, but I'm not too worried about that because I understand patience and not getting attached to deals. I've been trying to find deals that give me a 10-20% COC return that don't need too many repairs and has good location location location. But yeah, that's about all! I would love some advice on what I can do better and what I'm doing right. Thank you guy's so much!

Loading replies...