• Rental Property Investor
  • Ottawa, ON
Votes |
Coronavirus: email to send to your tenants

Natalie Cloutier
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ottawa, ON
Posted Mar 20 2020, 17:35

I got a lot of questions on my Instagram yesterday about the email we wrote to our tenants addressing this outbreak so I decided to include the letter we wrote here in case it helps anybody :) I think a lot of landlords are struggling with coming up with the right words to explain how they’re willing to help but not to take advantage of them at the same time lol

NOTE: this is a Canadian version so you’ll have to edit it for the US.

Hello,

We have been continuing to monitor the situation surrounding COVID-19. We are sending an email to all our tenants to address any job layoffs or lack of funds caused by this outbreak.

We understand these are unprecedented times and that a lot of people may be confused and uncertain, especially when thinking of their financial stability. If you are experiencing financial issues due to this situation, we recommend staying up to date with the several government programs offering financial aid to those in need and to apply as soon as they become available.

If you are directly affected by the COVID-19 because you are sick or quarantined and you have not yet applied for EI benefits, please submit your application as soon as possible. We've included the link for more information: (link)

If you are still worried of not being able to pay next month's rent or any future rents and have exhausted all your options through borrowing from family members or other, we ask that you please send us an email prior to the rent's due date explaining your situation along with proper documentation. At that point we will assess and come up with a plan together. 

In the meantime, we would also like to inform you that due to isolation requirements, any maintenance request will need to be postponed until further notice, unless of a major issue. 

We want to sincerely thank those who are working hard within the essential services of our community and to all others who are staying home to help avoid the spread. 

Our best wishes to you and your families. 

Rob & Nat

Loading replies...