• Investor
  • Rogers, AR
Votes |
Social Media as a pre-screening tool

Jerry Hill
  • Investor
  • Rogers, AR
Posted May 30 2020, 08:29

Hello all, I'm looking for some advice. I have a unit in a duplex advertised at various websites and yesterday I had a lead emailed to me from one of the sites I use to advertise. When I called the person to talk with them about it and to ask a few questions before I offered to show it. One of my questions was and always is "do you have pets" as we do not allow pets or animals in any of our units (this is stated in the advertisement). Her reply was no and I set up an appointment to show them the unit. After I got off the phone with the person, I looked this person up on Facebook to which I saw a picture of her and the person she told me would be in the house and they were hiking with a big dog on a leash and the picture was posted the same day she called me about the unit. 

My question is - what would you do in this situation? Would you not show her the duplex unit and if I cancel the showing, what would you tell her? Do I show it and ask her about the picture I saw? I took a screenshot of the picture in the event I might need a paper trail. So tell me please.

Loading replies...