finding quaity renters in Woodhaven, NY

2 Replies

I am trying to rent an apartment in woodhaven, NY. I am working with 2 RE agents to help find tenants. My requirements are 700 credit score and income 3x rent. I don't find that many quality tenants. The apartment is a railroad style which is a little harder to rent as some people don't like it per agent. Its has been a month and has not rented it yet. I advertised in zillow, trullia, criaglist, hotpad but so far no luck. 

Any suggestions from experience landlord in NYC? should I lower my requirements? My requirement used to be income 2.5xrent and credit score 650 and i had bad tenants last time who didn't pay on time and didn't pay the last month so I had to ask them to move out. 

How many bed rooms? What is the square footage of unit? How much you try to collect for rent?  My rich tenant always give me trouble.  Don't pay rent on time.  Dont pick up the phone.  Left his furniture on the hallway.  My not so rich tenant always pay my rent couple days in advance.  Never complain rat and roaches.  He cleans the hallway and the street. He took out all the garbage including my other tenant garbage.  Because he is so nick,I didn't rise the rental this year.  By the way,my house is in woodhaven close to J train.

Originally posted by @Tony Chung :

How many bed rooms? What is the square footage of unit? How much you try to collect for rent?  My rich tenant always give me trouble.  Don't pay rent on time.  Dont pick up the phone.  Left his furniture on the hallway.  My not so rich tenant always pay my rent couple days in advance.  Never complain rat and roaches.  He cleans the hallway and the street. He took out all the garbage including my other tenant garbage.  Because he is so nick,I didn't rise the rental this year.  By the way,my house is in woodhaven close to J train.

its 3 bedroom 1 bath, 900-1000 sqft. rent is $2200. tenant pay electricity. How are you screening tenants? My house is also close to J train 5 min walk. Nice to meet investor local.