• Rental Property Investor
  • Palm Bay, FL
Votes |
To Keep or Sell - Under Performing Multifamily Property

Michael Henry
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Palm Bay, FL
Posted Jan 12 2021, 18:06

For Context - I understand real estate is a long term deal but, after holding a property for 1.5 years I feel as if the performance is lack luster and have considered selling off the property in pursuit of something larger and more profitable.  

This is a 4plex which was purchased June 2019 

Purchase Price: $152,500 (20% Down - 30yr Commercial Loan @ 6.5%)

Appraised Value: $182,000

Rents: $1,750 

PITI: $1,099

Everything checked out, the building was fully occupied, I purchased with an instant $30K equity, and the property met the 1% rule. The first thing I did was hire the top rated property manager in town since the previous owner had self managed.I was in process of a refinance pre COVID but that severally delayed the process and I was unable to complete, I also struggled to find a bank which would refinance and keep the property in my LLC.

From a pure cash flow prospective, its hit or miss in terms of profitability. There has been higher than normal turn over all but 1 tenant have moved at some point. Maintenance has been high (A/C issues, appliance issues, etc). Rents have been stagnant. All my other properties have performed much better so im wondering how long does it take to see real gains from a property like this or is it best to just cut my losses sell for market price and invest in another property?  

Ive attached my financials with the address blacked out for YE2020

Loading replies...