• Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Tenant not communicating after move in

Sam Leon
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Mar 31 2021, 08:53

I have a strange one.

A tenant hasn't communicated ever since moving in on March 1, 2021.

Prior to move in, communication was good, during the application process, during the lease signing, communicated by phone, by text, by email, no issue.  Met up three times, first for the showing, next for the lease agreement and finally for the move in key release.

After move in, my repeat attempts to communicate has met with no response or even acknowledgement.

After a week after move in a courtesy email asking if everything went well, if there is any issue or concern that needs to be addressed, nothing.

Another week gone by I sent by email electronic rent payment instructions for April 1, also no reply or acknowledgement.

Another few days after that a text message was sent to ask if the emails were received, no reply.

A phone call the next day went straight to voice mail, left a voice message to call me back or reply to my email/text.  No reply to that either.

I own several properties on the block, and I am doing some work on one of them so I can see his car come and go every day, so I know it's not a case someone being sick or out of town with no phone service type situation.

I have never encounter this issue before.  Yes I can wait till he comes home then go over to knock on the door but that seems a bit over reacting and intrusive.

Curious if anyone had ever encountered this before?  May be it's something I haven't yet considered?  Rent is due tomorrow (with 3 days of grace period) and I don't know if the rent payment instructions have been received.

Loading replies...