Best Property Management Software Recomendations

11 Replies

A couple years ago someone here recommended the Tellus app for managing my rental. It’s been awesome until recently. It used to allow me to list my rental for free, collect applications for free to me and a small $25 fee for the applicant, it performed credit checks, allowed for online payments of rent, kept track of income and expenses. It was amazing. Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Listing has been difficult and although it has a free option it isn’t any good. I’m wondering if anyone here has been working with an app that they love? 

TenantCloud.com is free for up to 75 units. For $9 you can upgrade the account and accept online rent payments. They market your rental to many sites, online applications, track maintenance, and more.

Do a search on Google or BiggerPockets for "property management software" and you'll find many options and thousands of discussions on the topic.

Originally posted by @Nathan G. :

TenantCloud.com is free for up to 75 units. For $9 you can upgrade the account and accept online rent payments. They market your rental to many sites, online applications, track maintenance, and more.

Do a search on Google or BiggerPockets for "property management software" and you'll find many options and thousands of discussions on the topic.

Nathan, I don't see that they supply rental agreements. I know Bigger Pockets Pro has them. Have you used BP lease agreements, or what do you suggest?  

Originally posted by Melissa Villegas:

Nathan, I don't see that they supply rental agreements. I know Bigger Pockets Pro has them. Have you used BP lease agreements, or what do you suggest?  

I have my own lease agreement, but I have reviewed the BP package and think it's a high-quality product. It's better than what I've seen most attorneys use. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong.

@Katrina Cabral , free property management software is a tough business model to succeed with.  Every rent transaction cost $1-2.  Sites like Zillow are now requesting payments for listings.

Don't be surprised if other PMS follow suit and start to charge monthly fees.

I have my own lease agreement, but I have reviewed the BP package and think it's a high-quality product. It's better than what I've seen most attorneys use. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong.

Awesome to know, thank you!