Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 432 posts · 281 votes
What does it cost, and how do you get it? Setagrip at Lowe's is currently on sale for $3.11/sqft, and I'm hoping it's a yearly sale. :D It's a 20-year commercial flooring popular for healthcare settings, with I think a 28-mil wear layer.
Augusta, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
I like the TrafficMaster grip strip (Home Depot). 25 year residential warranty; one of my houses has had this in for at least 10 years and despite children and dogs still looks good. Not a fan of the click variety but I tell folks looking for this type to make sure the edges are deep enough to "click" together (and stay together) easily. The cheaper varieties tend to have slimmer edges that can pop out more easily.
Real Estate Investor · Williamson County, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 961 votes
5y
@John Teachout There is a new solid core vinyl that is just butted up against the baseboards and to each other. check you tube. Lifeproof is click lock.
Augusta, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
I like the TrafficMaster grip strip (Home Depot). 25 year residential warranty; one of my houses has had this in for at least 10 years and despite children and dogs still looks good. Not a fan of the click variety but I tell folks looking for this type to make sure the edges are deep enough to "click" together (and stay together) easily. The cheaper varieties tend to have slimmer edges that can pop out more easily.
Yep, it's butted up without glue or click. It commercializes what gecko feet do. Lol. You only glue the perimeter. To replace a plank, you just pull it out. It's becoming the standard in commercial installations. If you've had regular glue down or click flooring, you realize pretty quickly that their replaceability is pretty much just theoretical.